Your gift will advance the frontiers of science
The UTRGV College of Sciences features a diverse and robust faculty that is dedicated to student success. We have state-of-the-art facilities and research centers in the fields of gravitational wave astronomy, radio astronomy, and marine and coastal studies, which offer unique research experiences for students at all levels, from undergraduate to post-doctorate.
More than half of our students are first-generation college students with exceptionally diverse backgrounds. We understand the challenges of students who are traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, and our goal is to help them overcome these challenges and achieve their dreams successfully.
The mission of the College of Sciences is to:
- Advance the frontiers of science from electrons to ecosystems through discovery in mathematical, life, physical, and statistical sciences;
- Partner with the community to address local and global challenges through basic and applied research; to improve the quality of life in the Rio Grande Valley and beyond;
- Prepare the next generation of academically competent educators, mathematicians, statisticians, and physicists who are socially aware, globally engaged, and ethical leaders;
- Provide students with fundamental scientific, mathematical, and statistical literacy; and
- Enhance the quality of the region's education of science in all areas.
Your gift will support College of Sciences students through innovative programs such as the Digital 21 Initiative, where students will have access to the use of an iPad, and through scholarships and paid student research opportunities.