Be a champion for student success today!
The College of Fine Arts is the heart of performing and arts at UTRGV. It is home to the School of Art, School of Music, and Dance, Theatre, and Creative Writing departments, where we prepare our students for productive careers and life in the arts.
The UTRGV College of Fine Arts provides access to cultural events for the entire community through student plays, concerts, art exhibits, and other special events. The hours of practice and dedication it takes to accomplish such performative experiences enable students to develop their craft while pursuing an enriched higher education.
Your investment allows the College of Fine Arts to build and provide a world-class education right here in the Rio Grande Valley by evaluating new ways to enhance arts education that will benefit our students for many years to come. Your support emboldens our commitment to inspire, encourage, educate, and prepare our artists.
Your gift to support the College of Fine Arts can be directed to the following areas:
- College of Fine Arts General Fund: To support the most pressing needs of the entire college.
- School of Art: Preparing students to be socially conscious artists, visually and analytically astute through cross-disciplinary teaching, creative activity, and respect for individual expression.
- School of Music: Continuing a commitment to excellence in education, performance, creative activity, and guiding students in high achievements and professional success.
- Department of Theatre: Ensuring the production of live theatre productions as well as films and television programming.
- Dance Program: Providing broad coverage of dance training, including dance technique, improvisational and choreographic skills, music for dancers, historical and cultural dimensions of dance, dance production, dance science, and theories of dance.
- Creative Writing Program: Nurturing a community of poets, fiction writers and playwrights impacting the cultural life of our Rio Grande Valley in teaching, publishing, and performing.
- Center for Latin American Arts: To be a gathering place for collaboration and the promotion of the arts in Latin America through teaching, scholarship, performance, and creative works in diverse media to advance knowledge and connect with traditions that are important to communities in the Rio Grande Valley and beyond.